Friday, October 3, 2008

Blogger invitation errors

One of the students in the class who had been having repeated difficulties signing in to blogger sent the following advice for anyone else who has experienced this difficulty:

Hello, I think I figured out what was causing the error, and here is how I got the registration to work - Basically, the link you sent us is the sign-in screen for blogger. It was asking if you have a google account or not, but what you have to do is click on the "create account" anyway, even if you have an existing google account. Then, when you go into the "create account", it will display your google account, and ask you what your blogger username will be, and once you register that name, it will register you into the blogger. I hope this might help.

I re-sent invitations again at ~4 p.m. this afternoon to those who still had invitations pending...

2 comments:

Ramona said...

When I set up the Google account, it still wasn't letting me in. So, I told it I forgot my password, created a new password, and then it finally let me in (total time trouble shooting this, was 45 minutes after 2 tries, frustrating). Anyways, looks like I'm finally on the list as a contributer. Mari, thank you for mentioning to sign up NOT as a follower. That was helpful. Blessings, Ramona

Mari said...

Sorry to hear about the problems you were having. I'm not sure what blogger has changed, but there are more issues signing up this quarter than there have been in all previous quarters combined. :(

Thanks for your perseverance...