Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Question we asked in class re: the homework

So I asked a question in class and Dr. Kim asked that I would post the question and his response on the blog.

My question was, how do I interpret the data output? How can I tell if there was a significant change in R2?
Basically his response was that if the p value is significant(meaning it is small) you can say that there was a significant change in R2. if the model does not increase R2 by much and the p value is not significant (meaning it is too large), then simply state that the model when such and such variable was added did not significantly explain additional variance- or something to that effect

Hope it was helpful!

1 comment:

Sung said...

I hope the writeup sample I have just blogged answer your question. Thanks.