Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DOI for article reviews

So, in class we were told if a doi number wasn't available, we were to cite the website we retrieved the article from. However, the 6th ed. APA manual says on page 192 after the third bullet point additional info. about using EBSCO, which is where I will probably get my articles. I'm confused as to what this all means. How do I cite the URL properly from an EBSCO or PsycINFO article??? On page 191, 4th bullet point it states to provide the home page URL of the journal, book or report publisher...I'm computer illiterate...what exactly would be the home page in the library's EBSCO, etc??

2 comments:

Sung said...

The URL is only for online articles not for those you downloaded from EBSCO or some online database. If you have more questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Nikki Frederick said...

I do still have the same question then...how do I cite properly if not DOI is available yet we are getting the article from one of the databases available through the library? The TA marked me for not providing a DOI number, and when Christie asked about this same thing (see blog)she was told just to refer to the manual. The manual isn't clear and isn't making sense however! Thanks Dr. Kim!