Monday, December 8, 2008

Which residuals to use?

I am trying to test the assumptions for a hierarchical multiple regression. After I create the new variables (in this case, square root transformed), do I re-run my assumptions by plotting the new square root variables with the residuals that were generated from my first regression, or do I save new residuals by running the same hierarchical mutliple regression with the new transformed variables and then re-run the assumptions using those new residuals that were generated from the second regression?

2 comments:

Mari said...

The residuals will change after the square root transformation. What you are hoping to have happen by implementing the transformation is that the assumptions become less violated. The only way to see if that really happened is to analyze your new residuals.

Rhondie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.