Monday, December 8, 2008

I am working in a moderated model were I need to run separate regressions for each level of the moderator variable. I want to check my assumptions, but I don't know if I need to use the unstandarized predicted values and residuals of the separate regressions or I need to run a single regression for all cases and use those unstandarized predicted values and residuals. In other words, do I need to check assumptions separate for each level of the moderator (2 graphics per assumption)?

1 comment:

Mari said...

If this were your dissertation, you would want to check assumptions separately for each level of the moderator. For the purposes of this assignment, you are free to just check the assumptions for the relation between predictor and outcome variable overall (not split by levels of the moderator).