Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Regression hw1 questions

What does Dr. Kim mean when he says disregard group, does this mean I am supposed to have only 1 scatter plot for the entire data(with x on a axis and y on y axis)?? Does this mean I'm supposed to split/unsplit file?? Also, if I am supposed to have a scatterplot for x and one for y, am I supposed to do jittering prior to answering questions 2 and 3 because the data points are clustered? Did I miss a practice exercise to help answer this HW assignment? I remember we always had a practice exercise in ANOVA.

1 comment:

T.J. said...

Hello.

Disregard group in question 3 means that you would use one scatterplot, not paying attention to the variable "group".

There is no need for jittering. Clustered the data may be, but jittering is for when you get a lot of the same values (e.g., a lot of 10.0 values, not 10.1, then 10.2, then 9.7). Don't jitter.

Keep up the hard work!