Monday, November 24, 2008

SPSS GradPack Installation Issues

Bought the gradpack this weekend. I had a lot of problems trying to get the software to work. After waiting 1 1/2 hours for SPSS tech support this morning, it turned out that the company mislabelled their installation authorization codes.

In the gradpack, you will see two authorization codes: SPSS Installation Authorization Code and Amos Installation Authorization Code. For my gradpack, the code for the SPSS Installation Authorization Code is actually the code for AMOS Installation Authorization Code, and vise versa. If you are thinking of purchasing the SPSS software, and you encounter similar installation issues, you might want to try using the Amos code.

The SPSS technician said this problem has been noted and that I wasn't the first person to have this problem. Check with the SPSS technician if you are still having installation issues.

Good luck.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Stay tuned for the next installment of the soap opera, SPSS 17 the GradPack!! This has not been SPSS's finest hour ... er ... week ... err ... month ... season!

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your trouble, and I greatly appreciate your sharing your hard won knowledge.

Danny said...

Just for anyone that's interested. I purchased SPSS 17.0 for mac this weekend and so far I have had no problems with the software.

Hopefully it doesn't literally blow up later on down the line.

Mari said...

Hmm.... I see a Mac commercial coming out of this...

Unknown said...

Well, I guess that would explain why I was unsuccessful installing SPSS after fighting with it for 2 hours yesterday. I had to ask for forgiveness for the all the words that came out of my mouth...on the sabbath no less!

Thanks for the information Susan!